Empowering Women of Nepal (EWN)
Empowering Women of Nepal (EWN) is a grassroots non-profit organization that was registered in 1999 under Nepal’s Social Organization Act 2034 (1977). EWN aims to empower, educate and create employment opportunities to improve the lives of disadvantaged Nepali women and girls through adventure tourism and sports. It was founded by three Nepalese sisters, Lucky, Dicky and Nicky Chhetri, who were pioneers in the promotion of female trekking guides in the Himalayas.
Our mission is to help foster the growth of independent, self sufficient, decision making women by encouraging self empowerment. EWN is dedicated to improving the world one woman and one girl at a time.
EWN works in partnership with 3 Sisters Adventure Trekking to promote and empower women through adventure tourism. Together they combine practical skill-based training programs, which are all free of cost to the participants, designed to extend educational, employment and entrepreneurial opportunities.
EWN programs are focus on expanding social boundaries by:
- Improving self-confidence and developing leadership skills
- Promoting and providing higher education
- Focusing on educating women and girls– the enablers of knowledge for future generations
- Assisting disadvantaged rural women to gain financial and social independence
- Conducting on-site community development homestay courses, focusing on the potential of tourism development as an alternative income source
- Providing basic rights to underprivileged girls: education, health care, nutrition and safe shelter
- Exposing participants to new places within Nepal
- Preparing trainees to enter trekking & adventure tourism-related professions
- Providing small loans for small enterprise development
Through the various training programs, women and girls learn to combat social oppression with grace and courage. Through their diligence and courage, these women are paving the way to social freedom, a road which all women can travel.
Current EWN programs include:
A/C # 01 0312363 01 | Bank: Standard Chartered Bank Nepal Limited | Swift Code # SCBLNPKA , Lakeside Branch
Are you living in Europe?
Then it is easy and cost-efficient to transfer your donation to the STF Friends of EWN in the Netherlands.
For Dutch citizens
your donation to this account is tax deductable. 100% of the donations on this account are transferred to the EWN account in Nepal. For more information contact Gera van Wijk at firstname.lastname@example.org ,IBAN NL97TRIO0784750408 Zeist, the Netherlands BIC TRIONL2U